2 fresh red chillies
2 dried red chillies
3 cloves garlic
¼ inch galangal
½ stalk lemongrass
½ tsp vegetarian sambal belacan (chilli “shrimp” paste)
Salt to taste
½ tsp (or to taste) palm sugar
1-2 tbsp oil (or enough to emulsify)- alternatively, you can use water to blend, but it takes away flavours
70g Chinese black mushrooms
70g shimeji mushrooms
Mushroom seasoning to taste
1-2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
Salt and white pepper to taste
Few laksa leaves
200-250 ml water
80 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp oil
¼ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Few curry leaves
50g bean sprouts (tauge)
50g water spinach (kangkong) or mustard leaves (sawi)
12 pcs or so tofu puffs (tau kwa)
50g boiled rice noodles
50g yellow noodles
2-3 calamansi limes
For Homemade Laksa Paste:
1) Blend all ingredients together into a fine paste. Keep aside.
1) Heat water and add mushrooms.
2) Bring this to a boil.
3) Add veg oyster sauce, laksa leaves, mushroom seasoning, salt and a tiny bit of white pepper
4) Cover and let it cook on slow flame for 1 hour.
5) Strain the entire liquid only and use that for laksa. Keep that aside.
2. Add laksa paste. Fry till fragrant and oil separates on top.
3. Add broth and bring to a boil. Then, simmer on slow flame for about 5-10 mins.
4. Prepare your noodles if not cooked. Otherwise, just blanch for a while in hot water until little bit soft.
5. Add coconut milk, curry powder and turmeric powder. Let it simmer again for about 5 mins.
6. Add sprouts, spinach and tofu puffs. Again, let this simmer for 5 mins.
7. In a serving bowl, spoon in noodles and soup. Garnish with calamansi limes
Calories (kcal) 448 Total Fat (g) 14.3 Cholesterol (mg) 0 Sodium (mg) 68 Total Carbohydrates (g) 7.6 Dietary Fibre (g) 1.3 Sugar (g) 0.8 Protein (g) 3.2 Vit D (%) 4 Calcium (%) 40 Iron (%) 10 Potassium (%) 2